Green Built Homes
Our new homes are extensively built to ensure they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines.
Benefits of owning a Y&R Home include:
- Lower Utility Costs – Compared with standard homes, homes built by Y&R use substantially less energy for heating, cooling, and hot water heating. Homeowners can expect to save about $200–$400 annually on their utility bills.
- More Comfortable/Quieter Homes – The energy-efficient features of Y&R Homes keep out excessive cold, heat, and sound, and ensure consistency of temperature between and rooms making these homes more comfortable to live in.
- Helping to Create a Better Future – By purchasing a Y&R home, you are part of a consumer group who have made the change to an energy efficient new home, helping our nation reduce our energy needs and building a cleaner environment for future generations.
Features of Y&R home:
- Savant- every home built with Savant home automation offers you the capability to remotely control your thermostat and lighting, or setup automated “away” and “home” features to conserve energy while you’re gone. A system completely expandable to work for years to come.
- High-Performance Windows – Advanced window coatings and blinds help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. They also protect against ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furniture.
- Quality Construction leads to Tight House- Sealing all holes, cracks, and seams in ducts and assemblies helps eliminate moisture, dust, pests, pollen, and drafts. This increases comfort and the quality of air, while lowering costs. Because of the “tightness” of the house, air make up systems are used or air exchange systems like ERV or HRV. These systems deliver a fresh air feel within the home, with little or no energy loss. They transfer heat and moisture from inside to the outside of the home, balancing humidity levels for improved comfort. The system also sends pollutants outdoors, making indoor air easier to breathe. Making life better.
- Your Y&R home will also be equipped with energy conserving products – including LED and compact fluorescent bulbs, ventilation fans, and Energy Star appliances.
- Effective Insulation – Properly installed insulation that meets or exceeds national code requirements helps achieve even temperatures throughout the house while using less energy. By keeping the summer heat and winter chill out, you will see lower utility costs and a quieter, more comfortable environment in your new Y&R home.
- Energy-Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment – More efficient and properly sized heating and cooling systems use less energy.
Customize Your Home
What are your needs? What are your wants? We want to know. Our favorite part about building a home is handing you the key and watching you accept a ready to live in product. To make this possible we offer a variety of home options for nearly every amenity and detail in your home, including:
- Energy Efficient Options
- Paint Colors
- Door Hardware
- And more!
At Y&R Homes we serve you to construct a quality home that is 100% yours. Browse our floor plans and work with our in-house designer to create a new home that is perfect for you.